Coronavirus Update: March 28, 2020 - @ 6:25 AM
Church Family & Friends,
We wanted to reach out and provide an update this week as March draws to a close and we have not met together in person since March 7. Also take note of specific updates:
- March 28 - Sabbath - Washington Conference Live Stream (click for more info)
- March 28 - Sabbath Message / Video (see details below)
- March 29 - Sabbath School Q2 Quarterly Pick-up (see details below)
- Online Church Resources: https://www.enumclawsda.org/covid-19/online-church-resources
Church Closed Through April 6
Based on the current state of emergency and the "Stay Home – Stay Healthy" order prohibiting all people in Washington State from leaving their homes or participating in social, spiritual and recreational gatherings of any kind regardless of the number of participants until April 6, we are now officially closed for an additional week and this could be extended further as needed. We will continue to work with our local church and communities leaders to monitor the situation and provide updates.
Below are some helpful links from the state of Washington and King County:
Sabbath Message of Encouragement
As we watch the events and response to COVID-19 continue to unfold we encourage you to reflect on this message from Jesus found in John 16, and also view the two video links below and remember we are one family in Christ Jesus locally here in Enumclaw and around the world. Together we have hope and comfort in community and the promises of Jesus.
“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).
Enumclaw Video - One Family
Seventh-day Adventist World Church Message
Prayer Requests - https://enumclawwa.adventistchurch.org/ministries/prayer
If you have a prayer request please submit it via our prayer request form where it will be sent to the Pastor and Elders; it will not be posted publicly. Also feel free to reach out directly to Elders or others in the church to share your requests.
Support / Phone Calls - as we limit all social activities, we encourage you to call your friends, family, and church members to see how they are doing and if they need any help. If help is needed please let one of the Elders know and we will work with you and other members of our church in making arrangements to safely help those in need.
Facebook - Stay connected online, our church has a private Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/513583755388003/), if you are on Facebook and you want to connect this way or share prayer requests in this private setting please check out this online group.
Small Groups / Outdoor Activities - staying in compliance with Washington State "Stay Home, Stay Health Order - all social, spiritual and recreational gatherings of any kind regardless of the number of participants until April 6, 2020.
Sabbath School Q2 2020 Quarterly Pick-up - Sunday March 29: 10am - 12pm
The 2nd quarter of the year starts next week and the new Sabbath School Study Guides are available. With the restrictions in place we still want to get these guides out to everyone who wants one. The Elders will be at the Enumclaw church from 10 - 12 on Sunday and we will have a drive through area on the western side of the church to hand them out. We would like to say a little prayer with those who come by as well. Please come by if you would like to get a guide or just have some prayer with us.
- Financial Support - Last but not least we want to encourage our church members to continue giving generously to the ministries of the church. We exist as a community to bless and serve those around us, and staying operational during this time of crisis will help us to continue meeting the needs of our church family and community. There are many who are being economically impacted and the church has a Brotherhood and Community Services fund that can help as we identify needs in our church and community. If you have not donated to our church online before you can follow this link: https://adventistgiving.org/#/org/ANIMDL/envelope/start, and all donations will be directed to our church so we can continue to operate and worship once this pandemic has passed and provide assistance during this crisis.
- Darren Gronewold
- Shirlee Crain
- Denise Henry
- Ronald Odiyar
To protect personal information, we are not adding emails or phone numbers, but reach out of Facebook, or to a local church member to get contact info if needed.